- If you live in the metropolitan counties, ie West Midlands, Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Tyne and Wear, or South, and West Yorkshire you will need to apply to the fire and rescue service.
- In other areas you will normally need to contact the trading standards department of your local authority
Registration allows for the storage of up to 250kg of fireworks, with prices averaging at £105 for a new applicant and £52 for a renewal for a 12 month period.
Obtaining a licence allows 2000kg of fireworks to be stored, with prices averaging at £178 for a new application and £83 for a renewal for a 12 month period.
Applications for stores keeping more than 2000 kg of explosives should apply to the HSE.
The periods where selling fireworks without a sales licence is permitted are:
- November 5th, from 15th October and ending on 10th November
- New Year, from 26th December and ending on the 31st December
- Chinese New Year, the first day and the three days immediately preceding it
- Diwali, and the three days immediately preceding it.
However a licence can be obtained from your local council to sell fireworks all year round for approx £500